This deal has ended.
I think that post title pretty much sums it up, doesn’t it?! I have 70 unread emails, which kind of bothers me because I prefer a more organized inbox. Even without looking at them, I know probably 68 of them have something to do with holiday shopping. Heck, even I have contributed to your inboxes with Black Friday deals – and happy to do it. Anytime I can share money-saving deals with others, I’m happy to oblige.
But let’s not lose sight of what this day is all about, giving Thanks.
I am thankful for my family. I’m sure my husband would ‘ditto’ that.
Mallory (6) is thankful for everything. And cats.
Dylan (4) is thankful for his Tag reader.
Carlie (2) is thankful that we understand when she says “1 more” and we do it/ give it to her 1 more time. Whatever ‘it’ is … a cookie, a bounce on the knee, we’re just so thankful she’s saying a few more words.
Now go, be thankful, feast, (nap), then hit the malls or the internet and score some deals. Make me proud!
For a limited time only Vistaprint is launching a very HOT Holiday Cards offer: Get 20 Photo Holiday Cards for just $1.99! I have used Vistaprint several times for business cards, and while I haven’t used them for my family’s Christmas cards yet, I can say I have been very pleased with the quality of what I have ordered so far! You can choose from 5×7 folded cards (normally 20 for $25.99), 5×7 flat cards, 4×8 photo cards, and collage cards. You can upload up to 6 photos, and add optional features like pdf proof, premium paper stock!
I created a mock order to check shipping charges, here is what I did:
- Chose 4×8 photo cards, quantity of 20 for $1.99
- Uploaded one photo (free)
- Edited my text on the back (free) and chose for the back to be in black & white (free)
- Chose glossy finish paper (free)
- Said “no thanks” to several offers that followed
My order total came to $1.99, and shipping was $4.41 for the slowest (21 days). So in total $6.40 would be my cost for this order, as detailed above. Not bad for 20 photo cards! If you choose different size/style of cards the price may go up, also there could be a $2.49 upload fee for your photo if you do not choose a card other than a ‘photo card’.
So if you figure 32 cents each for a holiday photo card (shipped) – that price is right for me! Try it for yourself here!
If you have never picked up a copy of All You magazine at Walmart, you are missing out on some amazing money-saving tips and high value coupons that you just can’t get anywhere else!
Chaos Is Bliss now has a magazine fundraising website, where you can purchase a new or renewed subscription to All You magazine – or choose from several others available – while helping a great cause.
I have chosen the Humane Society for Hamilton County to receive all proceeds from this fundraiser, now through 12/31/10. The HSHC will not euthanize animals for space and time, and will treat sick and injured animals if there’s an outlook for recovery and a high quality of life. Life-saving treatments, surgeries and medications are given as their best chance for a second chance until they are placed into their forever homes.
I would encourage you, if you are wanting a new mag for yourself or a friend/family member, to look at the Chaos Is Bliss fundraiser website and compare prices. If you would buy a subscription anywhere, please consider buying it here and helping the Humane Society of Hamilton County at the same time.
For more information on the HSHC please visit http://hamiltonhumane.com.
Before you think this is not legit, I’m here to tell you that in my wallet right now is a $50 gift card to JC Penney, that I chose to spend my MyPoints on, and it cost me ZERO dollars, just a little time!
What’s MyPoints? First, it is a website where you register for a free membership. You earn points several different ways, then use those points to buy things for yourself or others. Gift cards are one option to redeem your MyPoints on, or there is a host of other categories.
How to earn MyPoints:
- By shopping online. If you were planning to buy something online anyway, start at MyPoints.com and search for the retailer you’re looking for. If they are a participating merchant you’ll earn anywhere from 2-10 points per dollar (or more) on your purchase when you go through your MyPoints site.
- By doing searches. Either perform your internet searches using MyPoints.com’s search browser, or download the MyPoints toolbar (bonus points for that) and use the toolbar for your searches. You’ll earn 10 points for each search, with bonuses for reaching certain search levels.
- By reading emails. You’ll receive 1-2 emails a day, and all you need to do is open the email, and click the “earn points” button at the bottom. Most emails will earn you 5 points for clicking-thru, others may offer bonuses like 250 points for completing a transaction, survey or other task.
- By printing and redeeming coupons. Woo Hoo! If you’re into printing grocery coupons from places like Coupons.com, you can print them through MyPoints! Every coupon you print and redeem in-store will earn you 10 points, with a bonus 25 points scored for redeeming 10 or more in a month.
There are other ways to earn points (online games, daily deals, spin-to-win etc) but these I mention have been the fastest & easiest for me to rack up my points.
So if you were planning to shop online with eBay, Target, or Kohl’s anyway, go through MyPoints first and earn points for yourself! If you choose to redeem your points on gift cards, those will make excellent Christmas and birthday gifts!
Halloween puns are a-plenty around my house. After taking my kids through a lights-on haunted house, my 6-year-old daughter left saying “I had a SPOOKtacular good time, Mom!”.
Here are a few tricks and treats your Mummy would be proud of!
- Vampire-Inspired Decorating Ideas: Let’s face it, the cobwebs on my front porch were up waaaaay before Halloween. In spite of that, you can decorate for Halloween without losing an arm and a leg. Here are some vampire-inspired decorating ideas from Celebrations.com, a new interactive community from 1-800-Flowers. You’ll find expert advice and planning tools for any party with any theme. Their family of brands include The Popcorn Factory, Fannie May, Harry & London and more.
- Treats for Grown-ups only: After moving into our new neighborhood 2 years ago, I quickly learned whose houses to be sure to hit on Halloween night. Sure the kids score big with their candy loot, but grown-ups scored too with a few houses offering adult beverages to keep you a little toasted – er, I mean toasty.
If you’d like to join in on the fun with your neighbors, here’s a quick & easy recipe for Jell-o Shots:
Boil 1 cup water, then add 1 (3-oz) package Berry Blue Jell-o and stir until dissolved. Add 1 cup raspberry vodka and stir. Pour into 2-oz plastic shot glasses. Chill until set.
Other variations: Strawberry Jell-o with Malibu Rum, Pineapple Jell-o with Malibu Rum. Also experiment with reducing boiled water to ½ cup, then add in ½ cup Sprite to alcohol.
- Save those Costumes: The fun of costumes doesn’t have to end after Halloween! Hit the Halloween aisles of Target, Walmart and other retailers the day after Halloween to purchase costumes on clearance and use for your kids to play dress-up all throughout the year! Consignment stores and Goodwill or other thrift stores are also great resources for Halloween costumes.
While you’re stocking your kids’ dress-up bins, buy a few duplicate costumes and pretend play accessories to put together as a “Dress-up Basket” in your favorite charity’s silent auction.
- Halloween Leftovers: If you have leftover candy bars after Halloween, put them in a freezer storage bag and pop them in the freezer. Next week I’ll share a recipe using your candy bars that will both satisfy your chocolate fix and save you from buying them at full price!
Right after having each of my children, one thing I looked forward to was the generous offering of meals delivered! I love to cook, but when life is crazy and it’s 5pm and you have no idea what to serve for dinner, it was so helpful to have a meal ready to pop in the oven.
Today’s Groupon is for Kiss Z Cook in Carmel, IN. For just $45 you can have 3 pre-made dinners for 4 (a $110 value!). As most Groupons go, this offer is only good for today – so hurry!