Eastern Hamilton County families demanding better ingredients in their grocery products are in for a major treat this Wednesday, when the first Indiana Earth Fare supermarket opens at Hamilton Town Center in Noblesville! Be sure to read through to the bottom for your chance at a $50 gift card!
This is major news for Fishers/Noblesville shoppers that don’t want to drive to Castleton, Carmel or Nora to find a good selection of organic and natural products.
I was invited for a preview tour of Earth Fare this morning, and I was so impressed with the standards they have for the brands and products they carry. They call it their Food Philosophy:
- No high fructose corn syrup.
- No artificial fats. Or artificial trans fats. Or artificial colors. Or artificial flavors. Or artificial sweeteners. Or artificial preservatives.
- No bleached or bromated flour (I had to look that one up).
- No antibiotics or synthetic growth hormones in their fresh meat or dairy.
Quite frankly, if a product carries any of the above, you will not find it on their shelves. When I checked out the cereal aisle, I tested this theory when I spotted good ol’ Cheerios, you know, “the one in the yellow box.” Turned the box over, and yep, no artificial anything. It passed.
You’ll find familiar brands such as Horizon, Annie’s Homegrown and Kashi, plus many hard-to-find brands like Graeter’s Ice Cream and Intelligentsia coffee from Chicago. Nitrate-free deli meat? “Boutique” cured meats? Organic, gluten-free, vegan, kosher, non-GMO candy canes with no artificial colors or flavors? They’ve got it all.
A few tidbits you’ll enjoy:
- Look for “100 Mile Guarantee” stickers for locally produced foods.
- Anything on the shelf can be sampled. Just ask.
- Most coffees are fair trade, and they also carry Thrive Farmers direct trade, for an even more ethical coffee.
- They have an amazing health/wellness & beauty section with no animal tested products, and you can even make your own shampoo. Seriously!
- You must check out their humongo bulk area (shown below) with flour, flax seed, tons of granola mix options, and you can even turn a knob to grind your own peanut butter, available in chocolate, almond, honey roasted and organic peanut. Not a fan of plastic containers provided? No problem. Bring your own container, one of Earth Fare’s friendly associates can pre-weigh it and you’re good to go.
- Kids Eat Free at the Earth Fare cafe on Thursday nights (up to 6 free kids’ meals with $5 in-store purchase).
Ready to go to Earth Fare’s new Noblesville store?
Here’s what you need to know:
- GO: Earth Fare opens to the public this Wednesday November 7th at 8am at Hamilton Town Center in Noblesville (13145 Levinson Lane). I heard the words “come hungry” during my tour, so be prepared for some tasty samples!
- FAN: If Earth Fare hits 1,500 Facebook Fans they’ll pass out FREE reusable grocery totes at the grand opening! So go fan ’em!
- SAVE: Just inside the doors (while they last) are booklets of coupons and healthy tips & recipes. Plus you’ll definitely want to sign up for a boatload of savings with Earth Fare’s email promotions, their weekly freebies, flip through their monthly savings flyer, and join their Welcome Home! program.
Enter to Win
Earth Fare has provided me with a fabulous $50 Earth Fare gift card to give away to a lucky Chaos Is Bliss reader! While Earth Fare has locations all over the country, this giveaway is exclusively to promote the Noblesville Earth Fare grand opening, and is open to Indiana residents only.
One winner will be drawn randomly from all entries and notified via email.
The giveaway begins NOW and ends at midnight Thursday, November 15, 2012.
Share with your friends using the buttons below … good luck!
This giveaway is not associated with nor sponsored by Facebook. We hereby release Facebook of any liability. The contest is open to residents of Indiana ages 18 and older. For each task you complete and comment on, you will gain the number of entries specified. Winner will be verified of completing the tasks listed prior to being announced. One (1) winner will be selected at random using Rafflecopter. The winner will be notified and given 24 hours to confirm. After this time if a winner is not confirmed, a new winner will be drawn. This is a sponsored post, however all opinions are 100% my own. For more information please see my disclosure policy.