Next Tuesday, May 7th in downtown Indianapolis, teams of Farmers and Foodies will go head-to-head in a friendly competition known as Zest ‘n Zing: A Foodie Event for the At-Home Chef!
Zest ‘n Zing will take place at the Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center (450 W. Ohio St.) and tickets can be purchased for $20 beforehand through the event sponsor, Indiana Farm Bureau. Ticket sales benefit Gleaners Food Bank.
Here’s what’s on tap for Zest ‘n Zing:
- Two teams of chef and farmer go head-to-head to create a great new dish.
- With your admission, you’ll receive a swag bag, five food tickets and two drink tickets to be used on local beer and wine. Non-alcoholic beverages do not require a ticket.
- Mix and mingle with Indiana farmers before the competition begins, from 5-7pm.
- The cooking competition begins at 7pm with farmer/chef teams
- The event will be emceed by local media personalities Jenny Runevich and Paul Poteet.
Fun for you too!
Not only is this a really cool event to be in the audience for (and you can go for FREE if you win my giveaway), but you could also have the chance of being one of the judges (joining Jimmy “Mad Dog” Matis and Heather Tallman of Basilmomma), as a final judge will be selected from the audience.
How to enter:
Leave a blog post comment with the answer to this question:
What’s your all-time favorite dish to make at home?
The contest is open NOW and will end at midnight this Thursday, May 2nd, 2013. Good luck!
Increase your chances of winning! Several Indiana blogger friends are hosting their own Zest ‘n Zing ticket giveaway. Sign up on any or all of them to up your luck!
- Redefining Perfect (ends 4/30)
- A Latte with Ott, A (ended)
- Basilmomma (ends 5/2)
- BoilermakerAg (ends 5/2)
- Mom for Less (ends 5/2)
- Indy with Kids (ends 5/1)
- Family Fun in the City (ends 5/3)
Sponsored by Indiana’s Family of Farmers. For more information please see my disclosure policy. Contest is open to Indiana residents only, ages 18 or older. Two (2) winners will be selected at random. Winners will be notified by email on Friday, 5/3/13 and will have 24 hours to respond. Should the winner(s) not respond in the time allowed, another name(s) will be drawn.