The 2012 Summer Reading Programs are in full swing! Here are the updated lists and themes for this year:
- Carmel Clay Public Library: Starting with infants through grade 5, this year’s theme is “Tickle Your Funny Bone … Read!”. Registration is now open, and the program ends August 6th.
- Hamilton East Public Library: Registration is now open for the 7-week summer reading program for the libraries serving Fishers and Noblesville. This year’s theme is “Dream Big Read”. Stop by the Youth Services Department at either the Fishers or Noblesville libraries. Program ends July 28th.
- Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library: The Indianapolis Public Library’s program for 2012 is called “Gear Up for Good” and runs through July 28th.
- Johnson County Public Library: Each branch in Johnson County will celebrate summer with “Dream Big … Read!”. The program runs through July 28th. Check out the YouTube video on this year’s theme.
- Barnes & Noble: “Imagination’s Destination” is the theme for Barnes & Noble summer reading program. Kids can earn a FREE book after reading 8 books during the program. Download a journal and read details here.
- Half Price Books: With the “Feed Your Brain” summer reading program at Half Price Books, children 14 and under can earn $5 in Back-to-School bucks to use at any participating Half Price Books store. Print a free reading log and encourage your child to read 15 minutes each day. You can even print reading reward certificates from HPB’s website.
- Book Adventure: This site, through Sylvan Learning, offers another free reading program for children in grades 3-8. Children create their own book lists, take quizzes over the books they have read, and earn points to use toward prizes.
If you learn about other summer reading programs either in the Indy area or nationwide, please comment below and I will gladly add it to the post. Happy reading!