Many coupon bloggers post store “matchups”, which means they painstakingly take the time to go through grocery and drug store ads and find coupons either from newspaper inserts or printable coupons, that “match up” with sale items to save consumers big bucks on their grocery trips.
Personally, I haven’t provided store matchups on Chaos Is Bliss yet, simply because it is a very time-intensive task.
And as it turns out, I may not need to ever work up store matchups for you.
Because Favado will do it for us.
I’m thrilled to learn of this new app that will help us save at grocery stores, and tell us exactly which store will have the best deal any given week, with coupons to match!
Read on to learn more about Favado …
[click to continue…]
Have you heard about Ibotta? I’ve been using it for several months to earn cash back on my groceries!
Ibotta is a mobile app for Android and iPhone that will pay you for purchasing pre-selected products at your favorite grocery and drug stores like Kroger, Target, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Costco, Meijer and many more!
PC Magazine even mentioned it in their 10 Tech Innovactions That Will Change How You Shop!
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for Ibotta here.
- Take a look at the Product Gallery for items that are on your shopping list. Featured brands have included Laura’s Lean, Advil, Sprite, and Eggo Wafflers to name a few!
- Tap the offers you’d like to redeem to activate. Next you’ll see “tokens” – for each token you complete (taking a poll, answering a question etc.) you’ll earn your way to that $ reward.
- After tapping through the tokens, tap “redeem”.
- Purchase your item at one of the qualifying stores – 19 and counting!
- Snap a photo of your receipt and upload it to Ibotta.
- After your receipt is verified, your payment will be added to your Ibotta account.
After accruing just $5, you can withdraw your funds to your Paypal account … voila!
The best part … because these are cash back offers, you can still use coupons as you normally would, to lower your out-of-pocket expense!
Read on for the awesome referral bonus and an example of an offer:
[click to continue…]
If you missed my money-saving tips this morning on Indianapolis’ B105.7, here’s the rundown!
- I wanted to plug a couple of handy apps you can load to your smartphone. So I was heading into Old Navy, and I didn’t have a coupon and their usual Facebook offer wasn’t updated yet. I loaded Old Navy’s Snap Appy mobile app to my phone. Now you don’t right away get a coupon, but if you scan any Old Navy logo – like on a price tag or in an ad insert, you’ll get plugged into special offers! Pretty quickly I got a $5 coupon to use on my in-store purchase, not bad! Find it for your iPhone or Android device.
- And there are mobile apps that will, legitimately, pay you for a little spy work in grocery and retail stores! Unfortunately for me, I have an Android and these that I’ve checked out are only available on iPhones, however through iTunes you can check out Field Agent and Easy Shift, both will pay you for a little mystery shopping in the form of scanning bar codes, snapping a few photos and submitting prices with your mobile phone, so check those out on iTunes and earn a few bucks while you shop!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Tune in this Friday morning for Friday Freebies on B105.7 during Sean Copeland’s morning show for more money-saving tips!
If you like these deals, you might like to subscribe by email or RSS for a daily recap. And be sure to follow me on Twitter and “Like” my Facebook page for extra tips that don’t make it to a blog post!
This post may contain affiliate links. By using these links you support my site – thank you! See my disclosure policy.