I am a BIG fan of Kohl’s, but especially now that I just saved more than $40 on one item just by shopping around! I went to my first favorite store (to remain nameless…) and was just about to purchase a bookcase for my daughter’s bedroom for roughly $114 including shipping. Tried as I might, I could not find a way around the shipping charges for this particular item.
Before I clicked “continue and pay” in my shopping cart, I thought I should search a little more to see if the same bookcase was available elsewhere. I scored at Kohl’s! Not only was it available, but it was priced $11 less, and with free shipping.
But I wasn’t done yet. When you shop online with Kohl’s, you can enter up to 2 promotional codes for further savings! I went to RetailMeNot.com to see if they might have a coupon code for Kohl’s. I found one for 20% off, however once I applied that then my shipping went back to the normal rate. I figured it was an either-or option, so then I went back to Retail Me Not and found a second code for free shipping! After tax I ended up paying $72.75 for my daughter’s bookcase, whereas at the other store I would have paid $114, a savings of $41!
I felt SO good about my purchase, and super excited to have saved so much money on it.
Bottom line: When you are doing online shopping, look for a box to enter a promotional code, usually on one of your last checkout pages. If the box is there, dig around until you find a code to use! You can Google “(Store Name) promotional code”, and also try sites like RetailMeNot.com and Savings.com). Most stores will only allow 1 code, but at least at Kohl’s you can enter up to two.
Save with Hasbro Coupons: Visit Hasbro’s PlaySaver.com site and find high-value coupons for Hasbro games! Here is the most recent list, these expire 11/15/10. Check back often as they release new coupons – other brands in the Hasbro family include My Little Pony, Littlest Pets, Weeble Wobbles and more.
- Save $5.00 off Spider-Man Triple Battle Truck Toy
- Save $5.00 off Marvel Super Hero Squad Headquarters
- Save $5.00 off Iron Man 2 Rocket Boost Iron Man Toy
- Save $1.00 off Marvel Universe Action Figure
- Save $1.00 off Marvel Super Hero Squad Action Figure 2-pack
- Save $1.00 off Spider-Man Action Figure
- Save $5.00 off Iron Man 2 Helmet
- Save $5.00 off Iron Man 2 R/C Iron Man
- Save $5.00 off Iron Man 2 Rolling Battle Headquarters Vehicle
- Save $5.00 off your total Transformers toy purchase of $25.00 or more
- Save $1.00 off Iron Man Action Figure
Here are great printable coupons for Halloween candy from Coupons.com! I used mine at Target just this morning. The $2.00 Wonka mix is on sale for $6.99 at Target, so basically you’ll pay $5 for a bag of 80 pieces.
- $2.00 off ONE (1) Nestle Candy Variety Bag
- $1.50 off ONE (1) Wonka Mixups
- $2.00 off ONE (1) WonkaÂ® Best on the Block
- $2.50 off TWO (2) Nestle Candy Variety Bags
- $1.50 off any THREE (3) bags Skittles, Starburst, Lifesavers
Remember also, if you sign up with MyPoints (see previous post here) you can print these coupons and more, and earn 10 points for each coupon redeemed.
Before you think this is not legit, I’m here to tell you that in my wallet right now is a $50 gift card to JC Penney, that I chose to spend my MyPoints on, and it cost me ZERO dollars, just a little time!
What’s MyPoints? First, it is a website where you register for a free membership. You earn points several different ways, then use those points to buy things for yourself or others. Gift cards are one option to redeem your MyPoints on, or there is a host of other categories.
How to earn MyPoints:
- By shopping online. If you were planning to buy something online anyway, start at MyPoints.com and search for the retailer you’re looking for. If they are a participating merchant you’ll earn anywhere from 2-10 points per dollar (or more) on your purchase when you go through your MyPoints site.
- By doing searches. Either perform your internet searches using MyPoints.com’s search browser, or download the MyPoints toolbar (bonus points for that) and use the toolbar for your searches. You’ll earn 10 points for each search, with bonuses for reaching certain search levels.
- By reading emails. You’ll receive 1-2 emails a day, and all you need to do is open the email, and click the “earn points” button at the bottom. Most emails will earn you 5 points for clicking-thru, others may offer bonuses like 250 points for completing a transaction, survey or other task.
- By printing and redeeming coupons. Woo Hoo! If you’re into printing grocery coupons from places like Coupons.com, you can print them through MyPoints! Every coupon you print and redeem in-store will earn you 10 points, with a bonus 25 points scored for redeeming 10 or more in a month.
There are other ways to earn points (online games, daily deals, spin-to-win etc) but these I mention have been the fastest & easiest for me to rack up my points.
So if you were planning to shop online with eBay, Target, or Kohl’s anyway, go through MyPoints first and earn points for yourself! If you choose to redeem your points on gift cards, those will make excellent Christmas and birthday gifts!
Here’s a quick & easy $5 coupon off LeapFrog Leapster Games! Expires 10/31/10.