Many Hoosiers kick off their summers with the Indy 500, backyard BBQ’s and the opening of the neighborhood pool.
Me? This is my kick-off to summer:
Vintage Indiana: A Festival of Wine, Food and Fun
I have attended Vintage since I was legal. Ok, not true. But I’ve gone several years. My husband and I have joined up with friends, I’ve gone with my girlfriends, it is just a fun day to celebrate Indiana wine and summer!
Vintage Indiana is the state’s largest wine festival featuring locally crafted wine. Twenty-six Indiana wineries will sample their award-winning and fan favorites to a crowd of thirsty wine aficionados from around the Midwest!
What you can expect from Vintage this year on June 7th, 2014 downtown at Military Park:
- Tents full of locally crafted Indiana wineries, food artisans and crafts
- Wine sampling of more than 200 wines, although I do *not* recommend you sample all 200. Please.
- Awesome live music on the open stage, including Zanna-Doo, My Yellow Rickshaw and Jennie DeVoe
- Enrichment with talks in the Pavilion on Father’s Day meal ideas, ways to lighten your summer food and more
- A fun souvenir Vintage Indiana etched tasting glass if you’re among the first 10,000 through the gates
When you go, you might want to bring along a blanket and lawn chairs so you can plop down to enjoy music, lunch and perhaps a bottle of wine!
New at Vintage Indiana for 2014:
- They have partnered with a charity, dots in blue water, which helps to provide clean water to rural areas in Haiti. A portion of every Vintage Indiana ticket sold will go to support this organization, in effect turning wine into water!
- Early admission access for VIP’s! Those purchasing Early Admission VIP tickets can access the festival one hour before it opens to the public. This is thanks to Indiana’s Family of Farmers for sponsoring the VIP hour. Limited to the first 1,000 VIP tickets sold.
- Vintage is now an event for adults ages 21 and over only. No children (nor pets, coolers or outside food/beverages) will be allowed.
Vintage Indiana details:
- Vintage Indiana takes place June 7 from 12pm-7pm at Military Park in downtown Indianapolis.
- Advance tickets are $25 and available at Marsh Supermarkets or online through Vintage Indiana. VIP hour tickets are $50 and can be purchased through here.
- Tickets are available at the gate for $35. Designated driver tickets are $10 with unlimited access to soft drinks and water.
Find more that I’ve written about Indiana’s Family of Farmers, and other Indiana-related posts!
This post was sponsored by Indiana’s Family of Farmers. All opinions and my love of wine are 100% my own. See my disclosure policy for more info.
Next Tuesday I will be joining many of my fellow Indy bloggers and farm friends from Indiana’s Family of Farmers downtown by the State House for Indiana Ag Day, and you’re invited!
- What: Indiana Ag Day
- When: Tuesday March 25, 2014 from 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Where: Outside the Statehouse, South Senate Ave.
- Why: Because you like to eat good food. And you love Indiana. And you support local agriculture. Right?!
Last year I attended the event and our wee little tummies were stuffed with amazing creations from local Indy food trucks, and this year’s lineup promises to look just as fulfilling!
There’s no need to RSVP, just show up and show your support! Come at 11:00 to hear opening remarks by Lt. Governor Sue Ellspermann, and enjoy some (crossing fingers) Spring sunshine as you browse and lunch on local food truck fare.
So … do you have a favorite food truck? Leave me a comment and give them a shout out! Last year I gorged on Little Eataly, hoping they’ll make a return but I’m looking forward to finding new faves!
Be sure and share this post with your local friends so we can show our support for local farmers, because as you know, #FarmsMatter! You may also follow Indiana’s Family of Farmers on Facebook and Twitter for more details on this and coming events!
Find more great Indiana happenings and deals posted recently!
I am a proud ambassador of Indiana’s Family of Farmers, All opinions and my love of Indiana and food trucks are 100% my own. See my disclosure policy for more on that.
This deal has ended.
I have enjoyed working with Indiana’s Family of Farmers over the past couple of years, but out of the several IFOF posts I’ve written, this could possibly be my most exciting one for my readers!
They would love to gather basic information on how communities value nutrition and food safety – and once you complete this super quick 10-question survey (no wordy answers required, promise!), you’ll find a link to enter to win a 5 Qt Artisan KitchenAid Stand Mixer!
Take 30 seconds to complete the survey here, so you can have a chance at this awesome prize!
Contest is open to U.S. residents ages 18 and over and ends 12/20/13.
If you live in Indiana, be sure you’re also signed up for this giveaway too!
This post was sponsored by Indiana’s Family of Farmers. See my disclosure policy for more info on that.