This post was sponsored by Indiana’s Family of Farmers, but my words and love of the Indiana State Fair are 100% my own. For more information please see my disclosure policy.
Yesterday my kids and I had a fun day with other bloggers at the Indiana State Fair, hosted by Indiana’s Family of Farmers. We enjoyed breakfast and milkshakes from Indiana Dairy and lunch from Indiana Beef, toured the newly renovated coliseum and so much more.
I’ve got both an Indiana State Fair ticket giveaway plus some great highlights to the Indiana State Fair that I wanted to share with you!
[click to continue…]
This post was sponsored by Indiana’s Family of Farmers. All words and recipe are my own. See my disclosure policy for more information.
One of my husband’s and my favorite things to do in the summer is to see the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra play in the outdoor amphitheater at Conner Prairie, known as Symphony on the Prairie. We bring a picnic, lawn chairs and a blanket and curl up under the stars for a night of beautiful music.
To be honest what I enjoy as much as the music and atmosphere, is our picnic. Sometimes we go with another couple, always without children – love them dearly, but let’s be honest – sometimes kids can spoil a romantic date.
Indiana’s Family of Farmers sent me a wonderful array of picnic-perfect must-haves, and by adding in my own favorite picnic tools into the mix I thought it would be fun to share with you my…
10 Must-Haves for a Summer Picnic
[click to continue…]
Many Hoosiers kick off their summers with the Indy 500, backyard BBQ’s and the opening of the neighborhood pool.
Me? This is my kick-off to summer:
Vintage Indiana: A Festival of Wine, Food and Fun
I have attended Vintage since I was legal. Ok, not true. But I’ve gone several years. My husband and I have joined up with friends, I’ve gone with my girlfriends, it is just a fun day to celebrate Indiana wine and summer!
Vintage Indiana is the state’s largest wine festival featuring locally crafted wine. Twenty-six Indiana wineries will sample their award-winning and fan favorites to a crowd of thirsty wine aficionados from around the Midwest!
What you can expect from Vintage this year on June 7th, 2014 downtown at Military Park:
- Tents full of locally crafted Indiana wineries, food artisans and crafts
- Wine sampling of more than 200 wines, although I do *not* recommend you sample all 200. Please.
- Awesome live music on the open stage, including Zanna-Doo, My Yellow Rickshaw and Jennie DeVoe
- Enrichment with talks in the Pavilion on Father’s Day meal ideas, ways to lighten your summer food and more
- A fun souvenir Vintage Indiana etched tasting glass if you’re among the first 10,000 through the gates
When you go, you might want to bring along a blanket and lawn chairs so you can plop down to enjoy music, lunch and perhaps a bottle of wine!
New at Vintage Indiana for 2014:
- They have partnered with a charity, dots in blue water, which helps to provide clean water to rural areas in Haiti. A portion of every Vintage Indiana ticket sold will go to support this organization, in effect turning wine into water!
- Early admission access for VIP’s! Those purchasing Early Admission VIP tickets can access the festival one hour before it opens to the public. This is thanks to Indiana’s Family of Farmers for sponsoring the VIP hour. Limited to the first 1,000 VIP tickets sold.
- Vintage is now an event for adults ages 21 and over only. No children (nor pets, coolers or outside food/beverages) will be allowed.
Vintage Indiana details:
- Vintage Indiana takes place June 7 from 12pm-7pm at Military Park in downtown Indianapolis.
- Advance tickets are $25 and available at Marsh Supermarkets or online through Vintage Indiana. VIP hour tickets are $50 and can be purchased through here.
- Tickets are available at the gate for $35. Designated driver tickets are $10 with unlimited access to soft drinks and water.
Find more that I’ve written about Indiana’s Family of Farmers, and other Indiana-related posts!
This post was sponsored by Indiana’s Family of Farmers. All opinions and my love of wine are 100% my own. See my disclosure policy for more info.