This deal has ended.
As much as I tried to start buying a little at a time, here we are three days before school starts and I still have several items yet to buy as my two older kids head back to school!
Here are a few highlights of some deals for this week, along with coupon sources to save you even more:
Expo Dry Erase Markers:
- Walgreens has 6-packs of Washable Dry Erase Markers for $3.99. You’ll find a $3 coupon in the August Walgreens Savings Booklet which will make them just 99¢. However this deal is so good, there may be none left when you get there!
- Office Max has Expo Dry Erase Markers B1G1F this week. Plus in my Sunday paper there was a grocery sack insert, bring it in and everything you can fit into it is 20% off.
- Printable Coupon: Head to Expo Marker’s Facebook page, click on the “Coupon” tab and print a coupon for $2 off 2 packages of Expo Dry Erase Markers.
- Target has 3-packs of Scotch Magic Tape, with a bonus free double-sided tape, on sale for $2.50. Print a Target store coupon for 50¢ any Scotch Magic Tape item, making your final cost just $2.00 for the 3-pack, plus bonus.
- Shop Staples now through Wednesday to score their “Extreme Deal”: Get 120-sheet packs of filler paper (wide or college ruled) for just 1¢, limit of 5 per customer with a minimum $5 purchase.
- Staples is the place for glue sticks this week. Get 3-packs of Avery brand glue sticks for just 50¢ each, reg. $2.59. Limit of 2 per customer, no minimum purchase required.
Don’t forget places like JoAnn’s and Michael’s for school supplies too. You can use a 40% coupon from their newspaper insert on any regularly-priced product (some exclusions). Even if you’re not needing anything for yourself or for your kids, your teachers will appreciate donations of reward stickers, extra markers and glue sticks!
Be sure to check out other recent back-to-school and retail deals!
This post may contain affiliate links. By using these links you are supporting my site – thank you! See my disclosure policy here.
I’ve mentioned before how I like to whittle away at the cost of school supplies, now that I’ll have 2 in school this year. Do school supplies cost a fortune? Of course not, probably less than $50. But if I can get by with spending, say, $15 – then that’s quite a savings in my book.
I wish I could have gotten there Monday or Tuesday, because their penny deals only go through today and I could have let you know sooner. I’ll do better next week, promise!
But if you are so inspired by this post that you just have to rush out, then do it today because the penny deals expire when the store closes. Then check next week’s ad for their back-to-school deals which likely will also feature 1¢ items Mon-Wed.
Here’s what I scored at Staples today:
- 1 Hammermill copy paper, 1 ream: reg. $5.99 with $4.99 Staples Easy Rebate, final cost $1.00
- 2 Staples 1-subject notebook with poly cover: (they have notebooks with normal paper cover for 33¢ but I ‘splurged’ the extra 17¢ to help the cover last a little longer) reg. $1.00, sale 50¢ (limit 2), total final cost $1.00
- 1 Pentel black pens, 5-pk: reg. $4.00 with $4.00 Staples Easy Rebate, final cost FREE
- 2 Accent Highlighters, 2-pk: reg. $1.49 ea, sale 1¢ ea, total final cost 2¢
- 2 Staples 3″x5″ ruled index cards: reg. $1.00 ea, sale 1¢ ea, total final cost 2¢
- 2 Staples no. 2 yellow pencils, 8-pk: reg. $1.00 ea, sale 1¢ ea, total final cost 2¢
Total Value: $14.48
Sale Discounts: ($3.43)
Staples Easy Rebate: ($8.99)
Final Cost oop (out of pocket): $2.06 + tax
Please note, there is a $5 minimum non-penny-deal purchase and limit of 2 in order to get the “extreme” penny deals. That wasn’t a problem for me because the copy paper and Pentel pens more than covered it, even though now that I’m home I will submit for the Staples Easy Rebate and get that money back.
OH before I forget! Tip for teachers: Teachers have a limit of 25 items on the penny deals at Staples! I learned this today when I watched a woman count 16, 17, 18… on the packs of pencils and she quickly explained she was a teacher. A store employee shared that teachers can purchase up to 25 penny deals rather than just 2. As always, see your local store policy to be certain.
Be sure to check out other posts on back-to-school deals, and I’ll be adding more over the next few weeks!
If you missed my money-saving tips this morning on B105.7, here’s the rundown!
My two oldest children are heading into 2nd grade and Kindergarten. We have the option to purchase a pre-packaged box of school supplies, which is definitely convenient. However being the bargain hunter I am, I like to see exactly how I can chip away at the cost of school supplies, especially now that I’m buying for two.
Over the next several weeks I’ll be adding to my list of top back-to-school deals, but for starters, here are a few deals I shared with B105.7 listeners today:
Here’s a bonus tip!
- If you shop online a lot, when you get to your “checkout” page you may see a box for a “promo code”. If you don’t have one for the retailer you’re shopping, then check this site out – RetailMeNot.com. You can read more about it here!
Tune in next Tuesday morning for “Savings with Ann-Marie” on B105.7 during Kurt Wallace’s morning show for more money-saving tips! And be sure to follow me on Twitter and “Like” my Facebook page so you don’t miss a deal!
Did you happen to see the 1¢ back-to-school deals at Staples in Sunday’s paper?
Well if you missed them, here they are – along with some 25¢ deals as well. There is a limit of 2 on each of these offers. While supplies last, in store only.
Penny Deals: Through Wed 7/13/11 only. Minimum store purchase of $5. Limit of 2, while supplies last, in store only.
- Staples cap erasers, 12 pk, reg. $1.29
- Bic Round Stic ball point pens, black, 8-pk , reg. $1.99
- Staples school glue, 4 oz, reg. 75¢
Quarter Deals: Through Sat 7/16/11. Limit of 2, while supplies last, in store only.
- Schoolio 2-pocket poly folders, reg. 99¢
- Staples Stickies 1/2″ tape flags, reg. $3.00
- Bic student choice mechanical pencils, reg. $1.49
- Slider pencil case, reg. $1
- Staples 8.5×11 multipurpose paper, 500 sheets/ream, 25¢ after Staples easy rebate (pay $5.99 less $5.74 easy rebate)
Make sure to keep checking back for more great school supply savings!