Have you heard about Ibotta? I’ve been using it for several months to earn cash back on my groceries!
Ibotta is a mobile app for Android and iPhone that will pay you for purchasing pre-selected products at your favorite grocery and drug stores like Kroger, Target, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Costco, Meijer and many more!
PC Magazine even mentioned it in their 10 Tech Innovactions That Will Change How You Shop!
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for Ibotta here.
- Take a look at the Product Gallery for items that are on your shopping list. Featured brands have included Laura’s Lean, Advil, Sprite, and Eggo Wafflers to name a few!
- Tap the offers you’d like to redeem to activate. Next you’ll see “tokens” – for each token you complete (taking a poll, answering a question etc.) you’ll earn your way to that $ reward.
- After tapping through the tokens, tap “redeem”.
- Purchase your item at one of the qualifying stores – 19 and counting!
- Snap a photo of your receipt and upload it to Ibotta.
- After your receipt is verified, your payment will be added to your Ibotta account.
After accruing just $5, you can withdraw your funds to your Paypal account … voila!
I also love that you can opt to have your cash back donated to United Way or to your favorite local school, or choose any school in the nation to send your money to! In the Withdraw Cash menu, choose “Donate to Schools” or “Donate to United Way”. Use your location or type in a zip code to select the school of your choice.
The best part … because these are cash back offers, you can still use coupons as you normally would, to lower your out-of-pocket expense!
Read on for the awesome referral bonus and an example of an offer:
Ibotta also has a great referral bonus! When you share Ibotta with your friends and they sign up with your link, you’ll get $1 for every referral after they complete their first offer!
Here’s an example of an offer I completed when I first joined:
- The offer: Chapstick Moisturizer Green Apple $1.00
Tap at least one of the tokens to start earning – the more you tap and complete, the more you earn!
- $0.25 token to learn how Chapstick moisturizes your lips.
- $0.25 token and answer one multiple-choice trivia question
- $0.50 token and watch a 60-second video (it was actually quite catchy!)
- Tap “Redeem”.
- So when I purchased Chapstick, I snapped a photo of my receipt, uploaded it to Ibotta, and after verifying my purchase they put $1.00 into my Ibotta account!
Reading to give it a try? Sign up for Ibotta and try it out for yourself.
This post may contain affiliate links. By using these links you support my site – thank you! See my disclosure policy.