- “Hand”made Valentine’s Card: “Hand”made by your kiddos, it’s super simple to make this sweet Valentine’s Day card for daddy or grandparents. Simply trace your child’s handprint, cut it out, and write a special saying like “You’re Handsome” or “Handing You My Love”. If you’re feeling really crafty, get out some red paint, dip your child’s thumb into it and stamp it on the paper at two angles to make a thumbprint heart. See more kid craft ideas for Valentine’s Day at Martha Stewart online.
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie: If you’ve never had this simple-as-pie pie, you’re missing out! Let your kids help on this one, it’s fun and minimal mess. Plan ahead, it needs 8 hours to chill, baby.
1 (15- or 18-oz) package chocolate chip cookies (approx. 26 cookies)
1 cup milk
1 (9 oz) graham cracker crust (extra serving size)
1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Dip 8 cookies in milk and place in a single layer in graham cracker crust. Top with 1/3 of whipped topping. Dip 8 more cookies in milk; place on top; spread with 1/3 of whipped topping. Repeat layers with 8 more cookies, milk, and remaining whipped topping. Crumble 2 chocolate chip cookies and sprinkle over pie. Cover and chill 8 hours before serving.
- American Greetings Free 2-Week Trial Membership: Send clever, cute and even cuddly American Greetings e-cards to your Valentine, and get a free 2-week trial membership. Check out the “Smooth Hamster Valentine”, my favorite!
- Free Valentine’s Crafts for Children: Just another reminder to head over to Fave Crafts to get some fun Valentine craft ideas for the little ones in the form of a free downloadable ebook.
- Classic Valentine’s Day Movies: Whether you’re sitting at home alone, with the kids, or snuggled next to your honey, here are a few of the top Valentine’s Day movies.
- When Harry Met Sally, 1989
- Pride & Prejudice, 2005; or mini-series version, 1995
- Pretty Woman, 1990
- While You Were Sleeping, 1995
- Sleepless In Seattle, 1993
You can see the full list to get more ideas for your Valentine’s movie night, here.